Monday, May 14, 2007

The Bachelor Season 1

Well now that Sarah has left me here to my own devices I am running wild. Yep running wild..... hungry, in dirty clothes, and confused. Well while most of it sucks there are some good things that always arise when I am abandoned by the one I care about: I know exactly when the dishes are getting dirtied and thus tend to clean them on the fly, I get to do the laundry with only my clothes (6 loads maybe?), when picking where to eat I have the say (also get to order no tomatoes for that matter!), and when the TV's on I can skip right past Dr Phil and Sex in the City and go directly to the NBA Playoffs. Speaking of which here's a quick run down from my view: Golden State pretty much blew their Cinderella story by dropping game 4 last night, that whole section of the west bracket is a mess with my predictions (seriously UTAH?!?!) the east is going according to script, although I think the nets-cavs series may get rather interesting soon, Phoenix has to lock down and take care of business, the Spurs are such an easy team to hate, those bastards! In other news I jumped on the opportunity to get a massage Saturday, thank you Stan, you may have saved my soccer career and I recommend an epsom salt bath for those with achy muscles. Speaking of soccer aches, we lost 2-0 in a rough one yesterday, we played a great second half and overall a pretty good game, just some defensive collapses (not when I was in) cost us the match. News from the team organizer is that he plans on making cuts to slim down the team by this summer. And while I am not the worst player on the team this news does not bode well for me, I'll just play my game and see where it lands me. As a pre-emptive strike anyone out there have a soccer team that needs a defender? In the end abandoning (or rather behind pushed off) this sinking ship may not be such an awful thing. As the summer nears I'm hoping to play more tennis once my new roommate is established and buys her own racket. there is also running, rebounding and hiking to stay in shape as the weather gets better, but something about a competitive game makes it soooo much easier to push it to the limit. With Sarah gone I am also forced to play more WoW, and after reaching 49 last night I feel a wee bit bad because I've gotten to Sarah's level. Granted she has other characters and is away on vacation at the moment, but still I don't mean to surpass her and for that I'm sorry. I did get a pretty hardcore mask yesterday, with my draenei rocking the Bad Mojo Mask, I look that much more intimidating. The hardest struggle is finding a way to dispose of a box spring (I craigslisted the mattress in a matter of hours), so if anyone has a suggestions let me know, otherwise I'll have to track down someone with a truck and haul it do the dump. Well one thing remains during the bachelor days, I have to work so catch ya later.

2 comments:

Becca Campbell said...

I hate box springs and their inevitable dumping! I love alone time, but I hate being alone while I'm enjoying it...a defintie conundrum.

Patrick Hartley said...

Bah.

Bad Mojo Mask indeed. That's right David, rock that inner Troll!