Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The next step

Well it sounds like this upcoming week will be full of firsts for me:
- I've gotten word of a temporary relocation so I'll be working in Seattle (Tukwila really) for about 2 weeks (throw on a factor of 2 for that, says my lead). It will be my first time working for a new group and first time I'm expected to have some sort of competency in my field.
- In turn this will be the first time I don't shy away from the unknown by saying things like "as long as I have help with this" or "I can try but I'm not familiar with it." Instead I will go head on and so far have been all go-gettim attitude, then when/if I hit a road block I will directly ask questions and get the clarification I need. No more pussyfooting around work assignments!
- Last weekend had my first gardenburger at Red Mill. This vegetarian this is soooooo easy, I'm happy I waited till the world became competent in making delicious alternatives.
- In WoW news last week I became keyed and sometime this week (maybe today) I will run my first 10-man raid. Sarah's geared, I'm geared and we are ready to take it to the next level!!!
-On Friday I will do my first post-watch of LOST this season, because I am dedicated to junto and will mis thursdays episode. Thanks you ABC for being part of the 2000's and putting recent episodes on your website. NO ONE TELL ME ANYTHING!!!
-I will go to Sarah's first 25th birthday on Saturday (I'm sure there are more to come), sounds like a great time and a nice mix of the sofisticated and the immature.
-Just found out also that I'm gonna have my first change in lead (direct higher-up at work), its going to be a peer bumped up to a leadership role. Gonna miss my current one, especially since I see zero leadership from my co-worker, but who knows... maybe it'll be a reason to stay in Tukwila.
-Also saw the first/worst lack of communication with the promoting of the lead. My manager kept putting off telling him till everyone here knew about it and there were even shop-guys congratulating him and then finally he is being told officially (as I type this). Kinda messy way of doing it, he seemed pretty annoyed (even though he unnofficially knew for a day or so) and its just not the way to do these things. Basically I'd just expect more from this company and don't think its so much to ask that there aren't rumors and gossip surrounding a guy that they wnat to accept the offer. call me old fashioned I guess.
-First time asking my readers how to I make it so when someone posts a new blog post I can get word of it via my email. anyone?
-First time making a list of firsts on the blog, its tougher than I thought. Later.

1 comment:

Becca Campbell said...

Google Reader. That's how I know when YOU post. Plus, you can look for a million other things to get behind in...