Friday, August 29, 2008

Returning

So I'm back after a pretty extended hiatus. I've been doing all sorts of OTHER things for a while now and I thought it would be a good idea to jump back into things.

First up: Sports. With the crumbling of my favorite sports franchise of all time, I quickly got my hands on the next best thing: a new favorite sports franchise. Out with the Sonics (and the despicable, corrupt NBA that rules them) and in with the Seattle Sounders FC! I've purchased my season tickets and Sarah and I are pumped and ready for the 2009 inaugural season. The team hasn't been fleshed out yet but the highlights are Kasey Keller will be coming and the star Frenchman from the current (USL) Sounders will be making the jump. One major addition that will smooth my transition from the court to the pitch: KEVIN CALABRO! Nice to see that there really are people in the sports industry with souls, Kevin was offered a huge contract by the OKC F%$*ers and basically flipped them the bird and signed to announce Sounders FC games. Ah how sweet it is!

Next: Politics. Not usually a section I incorporate, but its all in the news these days and I'll keep it sweet and simple: just like two men can have completely opposing views, women can as well. To vote for someone because of their gender, race or ethnicity without listening to what they plan to do with that power is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

And now: WoW. Not much to say here, I left the Marvel Family guild in hopes of seeing new content and meeting new people. The content was cool while it lasted and the people were not nearly as fun. Sounds like the current guild is falling apart anyway so I'm a bit of a free agent for a bit. Sure hope we get that expansion soon so I can start the levelling up process again with my friends!

On to: things you may have missed. I took the EIT exam and passed it! VERY long test and I am so happy to have gotten through it successfully. I had my birthday so now I'm older. Sarah and I looked at houses and we're in the midst of getting our things together to seriously pursue that sometime soon. Work is going well, I had a couple successful projects that I contributed or ran. My current task is getting slowed down by another group and there's not much I can do on my end, so its kind of sit and wait time.

Wrapping it up: Current state. Life is good, I've got a friend who's getting married in a couple of weekends and in about a month I think I will take a week-long vacation somewhere. I've got a project brewing that would benefit my new niece Piper, but I'm not ready to let the cat out of the bag just yet. I've stayed meatless for nearly eight full months and honestly it hasn't been very difficult. I'm in the process of getting a regular routine down to get in better shape. updates are a-coming. And now its back to the addictive game of Scrabble I have in Facebook (where I have been spending more and more useless hours, lol). I'll try to be more regular, but that's all for now.

1 comment:

GS-1 said...

My Google alert found you. :) Come talk Sounders FC at www.SeattleSoccerTalk.com. Cheers.