Monday, August 20, 2007

Good on all fronts!

Wow I'm getting bad at this! Well, at least it looks like I can hold down a monthly blog. Lots and lots has happened recently, and I've been quite the busy bunny. For starters the wedding is coming along and Sarah and I had a bit of an "OH SHIT!" moment earlier this week when we realized that we are 6 weeks away from the two week relax pre-wedding day. So we've cracked down a bit and are getting stuff done. Everything is planned in a basic sense and now its up to us to put the pieces together in time. Sarah recently got into the Crisis Clinic (those phone people who keep people from jumping of buildings) and now she's training and being constantly evaluated. i'm really proud of her and her drive never ceases to amaze me. After completing some online psych courses she's gonna apply to the Antioch Social Counselor/Therapist grad school program and she'll be on her way to full certification and being able to help people and have her own practice and everything. It's great being in a relationship where we both have our strengths and we are both professionals... and goofballs at the same time.
On the goofball front, Sarah stayed up till some ungodly hour playing WoW because it was finally the day she could gather enough friends into a group to complete her elite ground mount quest. This means that she gets to ride around on a flaming horse, so that's pretty sick. As for me I got my mount as soon as I hit 60, shelled out the 900 gold and I've been cruising ever since. We're both lvl 63 now and loving the Outlands, its really a sweet place!
With all the money we're making going to the wedding and honeymoon we're saving while drooling over things that would make life easier/funner. Easier: Sarah is really interested in a scooter (Vespa, Honda, or any other 49cc badboy) and it would solve some of our transportation issues we've come across recently. With her training and work, the bus is only so good and once we can rationalize it and work the numbers out we'll prolly spring for a little one-seater. On the fun side we're ready to make the jump to have separate computers, especailly with school starting up for sarah after the wedding. For now we just want to be able to game together, so if anyone out there has a loaner computer they're not using, we'd jump on it and us it probably thru february until we go for a mac. So anyone with a tower (already got a monitor) or a laptop that is outta commision hit me up, we'd loooove to work something out.
We bought a toroise two weeks ago and we've been revamping his house recently. He's a little guy, full name is Gamara Darwin and he is really adventurous. At only 4 months old, Gamara looks like your run of the mill reptile pet, but he will grow tons and tons in the coming years. His species (the Sulcata Tortoise) is the 3rd largest in the world and they reach 2 feet in length and anywhere from 80 to 150 lbs!!! Which is really really cool! We're tryign to train him at a young age and he is really active. He eats grass and some other greens but mostly various grasses to keep him eating a healthy diet. We are really pumped about having Gamara as part of the family and we will definitely be planning out future housing needs based on what the little guy needs to live comfortably.
Work has been one adventure after another. We had family day yesterday so I showed Sarah my cubicle and some of the projects they have out on the slab. Last Friday they successfully installed 35k lbs of test fixture and product ONTO a cradle I designed and drew. It took 2 full size cranes to pull it off and I was sick to my stomache nervous about it not matching up. But it turns out I am competent and since then i've gotten more than one pat on the back for my design. This week figures to be a lot more chill, so I can stay up to date on my sonics (and all the efforts to keep 'em here) and get ideas for which mac to go with for Sarah. Oh and one quick note: the owner of Firehouse Coffee in Ballard is a really really great guy leading the charge in keeping the sonics at home, support his business and sign the petition he has at the cafe. And don't forget to vote tomorrow (whcih reminds me i better fill out my absentee ballot tonight). Peace.

No comments: