Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Toys and New Fun

We are now down to under 50 days till the wedding and things are going great. We have all the important pieces in place (venue, guests, someone to marry us, food) and everything else we're on top of enough to not freak out about (ok, maybe freak out once in a while). Gamara is getting used to his home and we've noticed he is much more aware of his surroundings, he looks up (at us) more, lets us touch his head without freaking out and hiding in his shell, we knows when to sleep and he eats as soon as the food drops in his dish. We've been spoiling him a bit with rose petals, but he's still in very good health. We keep him clean and happy and give him exercise every other day. He's not so frightened of the ground now and makes his way around the apartment with ease. Sarah cut out part of a shoebox so that he would have a nice place to chill out of the rays of the heat lamp.
Last weekend Sarah and I got iPods. I have held out since they first came out and finally took the plunge: I got a 80gig iPod classic. Its partly because I've always wanted one but never could rationalize price (in my pre-job days) and partly because we have a playlist ready for the wedding and.... need a way to play the music there! In fact we've got numerous playlists which we are stoked on so it will be a really fun party! After getting it and throwing all my music on it, I could tell Sarah really liked it (actually she REALLY liked the black nano at the store) so the next day after work (my first Saturday I had to work, WEAK!) I surprised her with a nano of her own. Its rare that I can just make a spontaneous moment out of nowhere, so it was great times. Now we each have music and video at our fingertips (even though she has vowed to ignore the video option... for now). I put some video on my iPod and am using a certain program that does a certain something with a you know what so that I am able to watch thingamajigs on my iPod. Hope that wasn't too incriminating! If any of you iPod video owners need clarification just let me know I can help ya out. So its fun times at the house and especially on the road for me.
Work is really rough these days, helping others while trying to handle my own work. Its interesting to see what 15 years younger really means in the workplace: better computer skills, more flexibility and adjustability, and much faster execution. Experience means nothing if the tools are foreign to the user. I am definitely the guy with zero experience who can handle the tools and make a much bigger impact on a project than the experienced members. I like being here, but its frustrating, I can't wait for 15 years from now when I can go at a snails pace and let the newbie come in and do my job.... or take my job...hmmmm. It is simply nice to be appreciated, so all is well in the woooorkplaaaaaace.
Poder hit 66 over the weekend, my hope is to take 2 more weekends to hit 67. My sights are strictly set on getting to 70 and getting to run instances and heroics with the guild. Who knows exactly how things will pan out, but my hope is to get geared enough to run a raid at some point. Regardless I am excited to reach the beginning of the peak and establish myself enough before the new expansion. To seventy and beyond!!! lol, peace for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.