Friday, November 2, 2007

Married man!

Well I took the plunge and life is great. Our pet is happy. The wedding was everything we could have ever dreamed it to be. There was a lot of work and planning and help from everyone in our circles and it turned out to be the best wedding I've ever been to (of course I'd say that!!!). Sarah and I got a bit of downtime prior to the festivities and we just took a time out and talked an ate soup and laughed and relaxed. Then it was off in our crazy (no I mean actual lunatic, like drinking non-existent coffee kinda crazy) taxi ride which we were fortunate enough to survive and barely pay for. The bath house was beautifully set up and friends and family trickled in throughout the first hour. The meal was delicious (as Sarah and I found out later, since we could barely handle 3 bites BETWEEN US) and everyone was talkative and friendly with one another. The MC (Josh) and DJ (Aaron) got on the same page and organized the everyone outside while the rabbi, Sarah's dad, and I hung back. When everyone was out, the rabbi and I went to the Huppah outside (which was surprisingly warm for the 4:30 start time) and we waited. From here till the end of the ceremony I can't really describe in words, it is a blur of beauty and grace and dreamcometrue-ness. Sarah came out of the bathhouse and looked amazing, just stunning in every capacity of the word. Her dress was a brilliant white, she was all smiley and just jaw-dropping. I kinda lost track of the bridesmaids and just stared at her as she approached, trying not to lose it this early in the ceremony. Once she got close enough I extended my arm and walked her to the huppah. The rabbi said the kindest most heartfelt things throughout the ceremony, focusing on our love for one another and caring mentality. I just stared into her eyes and held Sarah's hands the whole time, relishing in this moment of complete perfection. There was nothing else in the world except her in that time and it was wonderful. The huppah holders all had at least a tear in their eye the whole time and I could feel the support from them all as I gazed at Sarah. My vows (which had me nerve-racked all day) came out nicely and Sarah's were so genuine and beautiful. Then we did the ring thing, no hiccups there and we topped it off with the breaking of the glass (easier than I thought), an nice kiss between us, and a quickly shared moment with each of our parents. then we scampered off into the woods and beach to just relax and take it all in (as well as get some kickass pictures, I will post them one day but they are literally works of art!). The party was fun and we had a nice and special first dance. Of course Hava nagila is always a fun time, Sarah really loved it and I think it'll make for some great pictures. I did my obligatory shmoozing and got a chance to talk to almost everyone there. The dancing later at night was an all-out fun-fest (combined with the joyous drinking of family and friends). Then it was off in my bro's borrowed comvertible to the downtown hotel spot we picked. The day will be my new standard for measuring good days for the rest of my life, besides a dangerous taxi ride and a busted cake topper, there is nothing that could have improved my wedding day. And now I get to be a married man :).

1 comment:

Moira said...

Awwwww I'd never read that post! I'm so glad I married you :)