Friday, April 20, 2007

The 2nd coming

Well day 1 worked out soo well I couldn't help coming back for more. I have been looking at all the sweet stuff that Sarah and I (see mom, I can speak good Engrish) can do in NY for our honeymoon. It should be pretty sweet since tickets for the Daily Show and Conan are a call away. Also there are tons of shows that sound pretty good, so whittling them down to those select 2-3 will be tough. The accommodations will rock and so will all the street corner (and maybe even a non-street corner) eats. In other news I joined a soccer team last week, played in a game on Sunday and have another one coming up this weekend. The guys are pretty skilled and friendly so this should be a good fit. We're in the GSSL open division and there's plenty of room for improvement. I'm confident we'll come together over the season. Also I've kept up my rebounding to about 30 mins a day which should help my fatigue issues. The work week blew by and I'm getting into the groove of doing work when I have it and occupying my time when there's nothing to do. My lunches are also getting better (left over fish and chips, banana, juice box, savory muffin, and homemade trail mix today), which is encouraging. I have avoided my standard groundbeef-a-thon lifestyle which is a good thing. I've had a lot of fish and chicken and turkey recently so I'm not exactly on my way to being vegan. But everything in moderation right? My WoW character (Poder) is well on his way to success he is (as his name implies) quite powerful and interesting enough quite crafty. I reached herbalism 300 and alchemy 298 yesterday which is bit of a milestone I think. Tomorrow I'm getting a graduation celebration thrown for me at Sarah's parents house, so that should be a good time with good food and stuff. I never really made a huge deal of my graduation but it is an accomplishment (even better than my herbalism and alchemy skills!) and its worth having a bit of a party for. Speaking of parties my birthday is coming up and this year it really did sneak up on me. I feel like being 24 is about right for me. I no longer wanna be lumped in with college kids, but I'm not exactly on my way to being 30 so its a pretty comfortable age for me. As usual, the Sonics are on vacation during my birthday, whereas 16 other (more successful) teams are playing on the nationally televised game. I am really hoping that the team can find a way to stay in the NW for selfish reasons, but will understand if they leave because on a global, socio-economic and political scale it is the right decision. Damn Howard Schultz and his greedy, near-sighted illusions of fame and fortune. And a special shout-out to Nate Mac for giving us the shaft right when we needed him. But for this fan the chants remain the same: "Stay Sonics, Stay!" I have included my playoff predictions and hope you enjoy seeing how wrong I was as the postseason unfolds. Well, as I near lunchtime TGIF... which always reminds me of 'Step by Step', 'Family Matters', and 'Perfect Strangers'.

2 comments:

Moira said...

Who knows, maybe the sonics will play a pre-game while we're in NY?

Becca Campbell said...

Oh, Perfect Strangers...I think I'll look for the DVD.