Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Enter year 24

That's right folks, today I turn 24 years old. Pretty nice to get that separation from the teen crowd but still seem like I'm young and full of hope. Yesterdays playoff games went according to plan, and it seems like my predictions are on par for the most part, although the Lakers-Suns series won't be what it was last year (feels like a near-sweep this time around). Last night I got a birthday prezzy from Sarah, a much needed work bag (so I can bring my Ritz crackers to work in style) and a memory foam mouse pad (probably gonna keep it at home since some co-workers are extra shifty). Only new WoW news is that Poder reached 200 gold and I think he's slowly on the way to an epic elekk. OH, big news yesterday as the Sonics finally unloaded Bob Hill and demoted Rick Sund. It needed to happen about 6 months ago, but if nothing else these guys' awful decisions and questionable tactics got us to the #5 pick in the lottery, so they at least accomplished something. I'm hoping Hill gets replaced with a coach that can embrace rather than criticize his players (see: playing time for Luke Ridnour) and won't sacrifice players for the success of himself (see: 40 min of PT for Allen's bum ankle). I'm looking at Adleman or Carlisle to step into this role once we address some of these leadership issues. Lenny Wilkens is a great guy, but on the decline since his coaching glory days and out of touch with the current generation of players in the L. Yesterday's lunch was at Chang's Mongolian grill since one of my coworkers has worked a total of 10 years here, it was great food and a fun time, it's nice to see when co-workers have more personality than they display in the 5 words/8 hrs I usually interact with them. I think I'm going to revamp the youtube video of the week section to only include a single video (even though this will cause it to open a youtube window and leave the blog, but I'm confident most users have mastered the tricky "back" button found in the upper left of their browser). The soccer team remains in last place in the league, but its only a matter of time, we have practice today against a polish team, but I can't make it. Hope they do well and we can come together better during the games. I am looking forward to the weekend, lots of things planned, all of them fun. But it being Wednesday I better try to relax that enthusiasm. That's all for now, maybe I'll celebrate my Birthday by double blogging on the same day!!! ....maybe..............

1 comment:

Patrick Hartley said...

Happy Birthday, you old fart!